Paranormal-lincs tips on ghost haunting.
Remember have fun, keep safe
Let's Get started...
In the instructions below I allude to the fact that it is possible for a ghost to follow you home, and this is obviously a concern among ghost hunters. However, it is extremely rare! You have more of a chance of being followed home by an actual person than of a ghost. I feel confident if you follow the rules all will be well. :)
Here are twenty helpful tips:
1. Never go alone on a ghost hunt. Take along a partner for safety and peace of mind.
2. Always say a prayer of protection before and after a ghost hunt. We don't want those pesky ghosts following us home!
3. Make sure all of your equipment is fully charged and that you have extra batteries available. Ghosts have the ability to drain fully charged instruments.
4. Often the best way when taking photos is just point and snap. Make sure you take more than one photo so you have point of reference.
5. Be aware of the surroundings for safety sake. For best results, always take a day walk through before doing a night time investigation, if possible. The other option would be to show up just before dark (dusk) and have a look around before starting.
6. A ghost hunter steps into an investigation/ghost hunt with the best of feelings for those that are with him/her and for the ghosts that might be present. In other words, full respect for the living and the dead.
7. Above all - NO HORSE PLAY! A serious and conscientious ghost hunter gets results. But enjoy what your doing.
8. Large groups should split up into smaller groups of four individuals or less per team.
9. If you are scientifically minded, and I hope that you are.....take along a notebook to record significant occurrences. Begin by logging in the starting time and weather conditions etc. Also make note of surrounding lights so as to not confuse them with anomalies later on in the pictures. Record all meter abnormalities, strange sounds, sightings and feeling or emotions. Each group should take their own notes and compare afterwards.
10. Do not show fear. A gracious ghost will not come around if they sense you are fearful. Yet your fear can have a mischievous ghost feeding on that fear......not good.
11. Always remember, you are the one with the body, and you are the one with the power. Don't give up your power to them through fear.
12. Keep in mind that a lot of the places you will be investigating will be secluded. Because of this you should always let some one know where you are at all times.
13. If you are going to be taking pictures, be sure and read the Ghost study photography tips page. ( this page is under construction)
14. If you feel that some unknown force wants you out of there...then by all means get out! You should never go against these feelings or you could end up having something show up at your home. Turnabout is fair play right?
15. Never dare an unseen entity to make itself known to you. However, It is okay to ask those present if you can take their picture or record their voice.
16. Make sure you have permission before entering private property such as a cemetery or abandoned house. I know how tempting this can be for a ghost hunter to do. Just remember this though, when you are caught sneaking around, it makes the ghost hunting community as a whole look bad. You could also be fined or jailed. Think about that.
17. If you are not familiar with EMF meters, you might want to check out our meter page for helpful tips on using these devices. We also have meters available for sale through our secured service. Meters can be quite helpful in locating ghostly presences.
18. Now a word about ghost voices, referred to as EVP (electronic voice phenomena). Take along an audio recorder and as you are recording ask questions to those invisible beings that might be in the area. Pause for an answer. It's also a good idea to ask some questions and then leave the device recording in a remote location for around 20 minutes or so. When you come back you might have your replies! For a list of EVP instructions for capturing ghost voices, please see our EVP page.
19. Be sure and have a look at out "standards and Protocol" page for a list of the guidelines expected when hunting for ghosts.
Presences must remain here in the name of God" (or however you would do it according to that are unseen for any evidence you may have acquired during the investigation/hunt.
Don't forget to check out your old photos and you photo albums for ghost anomalies.